Home

 

Read the statistics.
Toxic chemicals impact society

 

We're dedicated to providing information about hazardous chemicals found in cosmetics and personal care products, in common household cleaners we use at home and at work, and in toxic products we may expose ourselves to every day.

"Cancer rates have continued to increase every year since 1970. Brain cancer in children is up 40% in 20 years. Toxic chemicals are largely to blame."

 óNY Times, September 29, 1997

How dangerous are
Toxic household products
?

Take the health quiz

Toxic products list:
Read the labels!

Why poison yourself?
You have alternatives
.

Sources:
Non-toxic cleaning products

 


Household cleaners create toxic waste in their manufacture and use, which gets disposed of in the environment in the form of air and water pollution and solid toxic waste. Not only does this pollution come back to haunt our own health, but it also harms every living thing on earth.

As one example, the California Department of Fish and Game tested the toxicity of common chemicals which they found in their waterways. The most toxic substances to aquatic organisms present in the water were household bleach, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, and dish detergent.  What's toxic to insects and animals can't be good for humans, either.  

Because we rarely hear of people dropping over within minutes of touching chemicals, we overlook the cumulative effect of repeated exposure.  How many people do you know who have had cancer or disorders stemming from organ failure?  Life is more fragile than we realize -- until we lose someone near and dear.  Does someone close to us have to die before we recognize our own mortality?

Rid your home of toxic chemicals.  They harm adults as well as children. There's more to the danger than ingesting poisons: your skin absorbs them, and your lungs inhale the fumes.  Your liver and fat cells store them.

Check the labels on all common household cleansers, cosmetics, and personal care products, as well as products you are exposed to in the work place.  Do they have
WARNING, CAUTION, or DANGER written on them?  

Do they say
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN?  For example, have you checked your toothpaste label lately?  Are you certain your small child or grandchild isn't swallowing some of it every time you help him brush his teeth?  What will be the long term effect on his nervous system and organ development, not to mention his brain cells?

We tend to become blasť about products we keep around us every day.  They look so familiar on the grocery store shelves that we forget to think of them as poisons.  Once your toddler gets into them, however, you suddenly realize the risks you're taking.  To think that only children are at risk is to underestimate the effect on humans of any age, not to mention pets, livestock, and wildlife trying to survive in an increasingly polluted environment.

Read our statistics page to see how many casualties there are every year as a result of handling toxic products.  Check out what the warning labels mean in regards to the levels of toxicity in a product.  Glance over our list of toxic household products and see how many you have been harboring in your home.  

Research ways to replace those deadly chemicals with   non-toxic products, with environmentally safe soap and other cleaners. They exist, and you may be surprised to find that they do a better job of cleaning than the poisonous ones. Help keep our environment safe for future generations. The health of your children and grandchildren are at stake.

"The natural environment makes it possible for us to live on this earth. From it we draw everything that sustains our lives. Without it, we cannot survive." Debra Lynn Dadd, author, consumer advocate, and sufferer of household toxins

Here's a true story to show how dangerous common household cleaners can be.

A Basset Hound suffered a severe reaction to [a common liquid laundry detergent].  Somehow, the dog gnawed the lid off the container and spilled the contents into her cage.  The veterinarian, who wasn't sure whether it was a chemical burn or a skin reaction, treated the dog, including connecting her to an IV.  The dog didn't eat for two days.

The owner of the dog reported that the only warning on the label of the detergent was to keep out of reach of children and to flush with water if it gets in your eyes.   She said she didn't think laundry detergent was that harmful. She had always thought of it as soap, but now she knows it's not like soap.

[A news story aired by KATU TV in Gresham, Oregon in May 2003.]

 

 

Order Non-Toxic Cleaners here.

 

 


CONTACT US: naturalsolutions7 [@] msn.com

This web site owned by Natural Solutions.
Copyright (C) 2002; all rights reserved.